It’s time to come taste your May Wine Club!
• Six Hats – Rose of Pinotage – South Africa. Grown in vineyards up to 2,200′ which allows the grapes to develp complex aromas. Strawberry, raspberry, appealing mineralogy along with a bit of spice.
• La Rousse – Malbec – France > Languedoc-Roussillon. This outstanding single varietal Malbec starts with bright black fruit, fresh figs and refreshing mint. Lean and balanced – goes great with beef stews or steaks.
• Ant Moore – Pinot Noir – New Zealand > Marlborough. From winemaker Anthony Moore – this Pinot shows blackberry, plum, and pepper. Subtle oak and full tannins make for a big round palate.
May “If You Insist” Club Wine:
2041 Twomey Napa Valley Merlot
From the owners of Silver Oak Cellars. The palate shows blackberry fruit and builds to a long finish of fruit compote, chocolate and fine grained tannins.
Also available “By the Glass” at the Pick-Up Party!
We’ve got some great French AND Italian wines for your April Wine Club!
• Domaine de Veil Orme – Sauvignon Blanc – France > Loire Valley. Fresh and vibrant with lime, grapefruit and a touch of limestone mineralogy. Spends four months on the lees giving it a creamy, textured mouthfeel.
• Chateau Les Terrasses de Bouey – Bordeaux Rouge – France > Bordeaux. The nose marries red fruit with toast and coffee notes. More of the same on the palate with spice tones and delicate earthy notes.
• Mauro Molino – Dimartina Vino Rosso – Italy > Piedmont. A blend of Nebbiolo, Barbera, Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon from the northwest region of Piedmont. Full bodied Italian with fruity and spice flavors.
April “If You Insist” Club Wine:
2011 Merryvale Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
93 Points from Wine Enthusiast
Fresh cherry, blueberry and raspberry on the nose with vanilla, cinnamon and mint adding depth and complexity.
We’ve got a little something for everyone this month!
• Herman Moser – Gruner Veltliner – Austria. Gruner Veltliner is the premier white grape from Austria. Aromas of pear and peppery green of watercress along with earthy, savory yeast notes and fresh lime peel. if you’ve never had Gruner – this is a great way to start!
• High Valley – Zinfandel – California > Lake County. Has a distinct personality beyond the normal jammy-fruit flavors of this varietal. Raspberry and blackberry notes with spice and a subtle oak finish.
• Villa Barbi – Umbria Rosso – Italy > Umbria. Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Sangiovese and Merlot. Shows juicy plum, blackberry and spice alongside velvety tannins.
March “If You Insist” Club Wine: 2012 Rutherford Cabernet Sauvignon from FiftyRow
This racy, sexy cab shows blackberry, dark plum, black cherry, chocolate and tobacco leaf. The Rutherford Dust the area is known for gives the wine tannins, texture and a cocoa-powder like finish. The well integrated oak adds to the generous aromas and expansive flavors.
For February we’ve got a great trio of old-world wines for you to enjoy:
• Chateau Naudeau – Bordeaux Blanc. A classic blend of Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon. Uplifting fresh fruit and herbal notes from the Sauv Blanc and crisp minerality from the Semillion.
• Terre Tartufo – Barbara. From the northern Italian region of Piedmont comes this medium-bodied Barbera showing dark fruits: plum, currant and some black cherry.
• Chateau Godard Bellevue. This right-bank styled Bordeaux blend combines Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Merlot. Aromas of black cherry, earthy warm spice and smoky tobacco notes.
February “If You Insist” Club Wine:
• 2016 Blue Eyed Boy Shiraz from Molly Dooker
Mollydooker (Aussie for left-hander) Wines was established in 2005 by Sarah and Sparky Marquis. Five of their wines have been chosen in the Wine Spectator’s “Top 100,” and their Carnival of Love Shiraz has made the “Top 100” twice.
The 2016 Blue Eyed Boy is dense in color with vibrant dark purple hues. A complex nose of blueberry, dark cherry, caramel and hints of vanilla bean leap from the glass. The wine shows luscious layers of fresh berries, black pepper, coffee and a finishing note of chocolate cream.
We’ve got delicious wines for the holidays that include a Chianti Classico and a Super Tuscan from Italy . . .
a sparkling wine from France to help you pop the cork!
As we like to do this time of year . . we’ve picked a nice French dry Rose that would be perfect with your Thanksgiving meal.
But even better . . how about two delicious wines from . . . .
WAIT. . .
I’m not going to tell you – ’cause we do like a surprise!
Not just one . . but TWO Italian Reds . . plus we’ve got a wine made from a grape that was thought to be extinct – and is only grown commercially by one winery in the world.
Not One . . Not Two . . But THREE
Wines That Have Never Been Tasted
In Kentucky Until Tonight!
Sometimes it all comes together – and we’re proud to be able to bring you three – brand new releases EXCLUSIVE to our Wine Club Members.